Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The “Problem” of Leftover Brie



Don’t you love it when one of life’s “problems” is having to use something up in the fridge… especially when it’s a nice big wheel of Brie cheese? Oh the dilemma! Yesterday I found us “stuck” with a sizeable round of Brie that I had originally planned to bake in puff pastry with apricot preserves and bring to a Superbowl party. We ended up not being able to attend the party due to illness, so here I am… dreaming up creative ways to use it that the whole family will love.

Yesterday for lunch I decided on grilled brie sandwiches, tomato soup and sautéed zucchini. It was very easy to do….

I sliced and sautéed the zucchini with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and oregano.



The grilled cheese was simply whole wheat bread and brie. I sprayed the outside slices with canola oil spray before putting on the griddle.




The tomato soup was Pacific organic creamy tomato.... delish!




This is a great, nutritious, easy combo to make. It's also a good source of fiber, vitamin A and calcium! 


No comments:

Post a Comment