Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Granola


I'm back blogging... finally. Took a long break to have #3! We had a little boy, Gus in February and it's been a bit of a long road in that he was born with a cleft lip and palate. I'll blog about him later. But in short, he is wonderful and such a blessing!

I was feeling very inspired yesterday with this amazing fall weather- pumpkin season is here. And since I'm kind of a nut for granola, I figured I'd combine the two! This recipe makes A LOT, so as you see in the picture, I gave some as a gift. This is great as a cereal or on top of yogurt. It also makes your house smell amazing when you make it.

1 stick of salted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 jar Trader Joe's pumpkin butter
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup cranberries (optional) and I did the orange flavored ones
8 cups rolled oats

Melt butter in a large non stick pot, add in sugar and pumpkin butter and simmer for a few minutes. Add the vanilla, spices and nuts. Stir. Mix in cranberries and oats. You will need to mix for a while to thoroughly coat the oats.

Bake for about 20 minutes in a 300 degree oven. Stir about halfway through baking. Cool and serve!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment